Wednesday, May 4, 2011

He is Risen!

I can't believe I still haven't done an Easter post! I have no excuse. But lest you feel I am shirking, this is going to be a Two-Post Night! Yep. I realized I needed to get caught up before our trip to Oklahoma so that there is some hope of staying (mildly) up-to-date. :-)

Both the Searls family and Ben & Pei came for Easter weekend--YAY!! The Searls pulled a trailer so there were six of us in the house and five in the trailer.

We played some pool . . .
Ate a lot of goodies . . .
(How excited does Pei look?!)
We just had a nice, laid-back weekend.
Here we are playing Apples to Apples (excellent choice, Collin!) If we look happy and satisfied, that is because we were treated to lunch at our favorite restaurant--The Thai House!!
Here is the whole gang!
Some fooseball fun was had . . . Noelle & Andy tend to dominate in this arena.
Did I mention we ate a lot of goodies? Here is Andy double-fisting it.
Collin played some piano for us; he is quite good and recently auditioned and joined a band!
Sunday morning a few of us got up for the sunrise service, which is always a neat thing. This year they did a pancake breakfast afterward and these two snuck into line while I was taking pictures!
After church, we had some folks from church join us for Easter dinner as well (although one couple was already gone when we thought to take the picture!) We're so grateful for family and friends and time together--what a blessing!
The lovely roses brought by the couple who didn't make the picture--they smelled divine!
And suddenly, we had an empty house. It always feels so strange. Here is my sweet husband helping finish the cleanup--they didn't leave us much to do!
These two stinkers were so worn out from hiding all weekend . . .
it's hard work, you know!
I hope you had a blessed Resurrection Sunday!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the shirt, Erik - I drink coffee out of a matching mug every morning! So, so fun to see you guys - just too short, time wise. Love you! k