Thursday, December 9, 2010

Christmas Elves

The Cream Wafers are frosted . . .
the Spritz are made . . . the Peanut Brittle has been stubborn, but I think we finally have a batch we can use . . .
and the Russian Teacakes are ready and waiting! (John? Jackie? When can we expect you?) This Saturday is the Annual Christmas Tea, the first event of the season when a plate loaded with cookies will head out the door. Just in time, these Christmas elves came to do some frosting and decorating on Wednesday night!
Becky (& Dominic) brought a crockpot full of chili, Julie (& Brent) brought green and fruit salads, and we made corn bread, corn cake and some cheesecake brownies. After our feast, the guys went off to do their weekly discipleship thing and the kids got down to decorating!
Got to have a little peppermint . . .
The sprinkles and red hots were popular on this corner!
Hard at work
They did such a great job--I think Erik and I broke more cookies when we finished the frosting today!
When you're decorating cookies, you have to make sure they're edible! Everyone took a few cookies home in a tin, but left lots for us!What a fun night. :-)

8 comments:

Unknown said...

you should make sure you have those cookies pass a taste test before you pass them out.
Official Cookie Tester, UJ

Mom said...

How beautiful they look!!!! And what fun to see them and your cute elves decorating them.

April Coffin said...

I'm just saying, when did I get edged out of the Russian-tea-cakes-as-my-favorite-cookie list? I was definitely on there before Jackie! Yet--I get no love. Hmmph.

April Coffin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
April Coffin said...

The cream wafers are ALSO my favorites, by the way!!
(*smiles sweetly*)

christel said...

By all mean, April--come! (And John, all Official Cookie Testers are Most Welcome!) But come soon . . . they're going FAST. I was looking at the tins today thinking I may need to do some more baking very soon.

christel said...

Unfortunately, I also remember what those cookies looked like that year I tried to send a tin to Oklahoma, April. Mom & I decided to drive down after all and the tin came while we were there . . . it was full of CRUMBS!

April Coffin said...

Perhaps the Oklahoma mail system has improved--I do receive mail now usually within a week, whereas at that time sometimes it took THREE. Mom and I were just talking about that the other day. She said "do you remember when that mail truck got stolen in Oklahoma?" I had not thought of that in, um, a LONG TIME! So I say, anyway--try again!!! :-D