Friday, November 27, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!!

I hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving as much as we did!

I had to post this first picture because this is all anyone will get to see of the lovely orange tulips I got Tuesday, thinking they would look pretty on the red tablecloth. They did. But they were also far gone by Wednesday night. :-/I spent the rest of Tuesday (when not admiring the tulips) baking and getting things ready to go in the kitchen. It was a long day, but rewarding--and it smelled so good! I'd made a pot of minestrone on Monday and we ate it Tuesday and Wednesday too which was nice because then I could just focus on Thanksgiving stuff (we did steal some rolls to eat with it though!)Thomas looks like he's taking exception to being fed dog food. Aunt Debra made sure the dogs each got a little taste of turkey before it was all cleaned up though. ;-)Our Thanksgiving table: (L to R) Debra, Patrick, Don, Evalyn, Ben, Pei, Erik I wish you could have been here--we had such fun. :-)

I kept forgetting to take pictures, so that's it! We followed the meal with the major clean-up, some pool and darts, and some football (on a hastily set-up TV), and then sat down to eat Debra's delicious pies and play Taboo. Everyone had to leave all too soon, but since Erik hadn't slept since coming home from work we went to bed quite early!

I'm so thankful for you!!
Much love from,
christel

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved the pictures. We miss playing games with you on the holidays. Your rolls looked just like Grandma's! Keep posting. Love you!